Thanks for reading my blog. Both of you. I hope you find some points of humor or entertainment in them, and if you don't, well...email me some! I am always looking for more. By the way, my boss just told me that I'm not sharing enough information about myself. He wants a bio. So, in the interest of any of your curiosity and for a little more job security, here I go:
Hobbies: Radio. Although I am seeking another to supplement.
What I Do In My Free Time: WHAT?
Favorite Foods: Pretty much anything that doesn't make the kitchen stink after it's cooked.
Favorite Singers/Bands: Coldplay, Jars of Clay, Hillsong, Train, Colbie Caillat, Sting, Eagles, Chicago.
Favorite Women: My two girls.
Favorite Men: My two boys.
Favorite TV shows: American Idol, Fringe, Burn Notice, Swamp People, Fox News, The NEW Two and a Half Men.
Favorite Movies: Romance, Sci-fi and comedy. The trifecta. (Yep, I like CHICK FLICKS...don't judge me.) Favs include Star Trek, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Dumb and Dumber, Caddyshack, Rat Race, Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Airplane!
Political View: He said WHAT?
Religious View: If Jesus can save me, He can save anybody.
Favorite interview: It's a three way tie. Billy Preston, Kenny Loggins and James Taylor. Three of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The late Billy was the best in making me feel comfortable when I was a little nervous.
Favorite concerts: Billy Joel and Elton John. Maroon 5 and Train. Chicago's still got it, but I think the late Dan Fogelberg wins out in the "older school" category.
Favorite Quote: Phillipians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Favorite job: This one! Love playing your favorite songs.
Someone once told me that working out is FUN!
Here's elyptical candid photo from my 14-year-old daughter.
So, what's a sweaty DJ to do?? Go to Jared and ask him...He just told me "eat fresh." What a company guy.
Hey, shouldn't we be judging a gumbo cook off or something??
Without a doubt, this one of the most heartwarming video ads ever produced. I came across this ad for SKYPE, which tells the story of Sarah from Nappanee, Ind., and Paige from Auckland, New Zealand. The girls, who became best friends through their mothers, share a very unique bond —each was born without a full left arm.
Eight years ago, Sarah and Paige began to video chat with one another through Skype. But they had still never met … until now.
Not so sure that she will want to have a second taste!!!
WOW!! Where did the time GO?!? I am so excited to be back blogging with the Holiday season. If you are wondering what I have been doing this past year…there has been LOTS of things going on for me this year.
Here is a partial list:
- Took turns to work at every national park in the west as a vigilante for other reindeers. We were busier than usual this year because of the recent government shut-down.
- The New Orleans Pelicans offered to have me wear the new mascot costume, but my antlers wouldn't fit in the headpiece. It's all good though, because that costume freaks me out.
- Visited my good friend--and former elf--Hermey, who DID become a dentist like he always dreamed. He graduated the LSU School of Dentistry and now practices in Lafayette.
- Visited my Caribou cousins in Canada. I take a moment to thank them for the warm accommodations!
- Fell in love in France’s countryside, but then Feline had to leave for a Reindeer exchange program…also my vacation was over. We still email though, and remain friends <3
BUT the most important thing I did:
- I compiled all the Christmas songs for the radio...coming soon to a station near YOU! (I am sworn to secrecy as to when THAT is!)
For now…Santa is keeping me busy!! Christmas is just 55 days AWAY!
Looks like a pelican do an impersonation of a SCARY CLOWN!! CREEPY!!
Nothing like a good ol' southern photography. Check these out from Amanda Chapman! You'll want to share!