Thanks for reading my blog. Both of you. I hope you find some points of humor or entertainment in them, and if you don't, well...email me some! I am always looking for more. By the way, my boss just told me that I'm not sharing enough information about myself. He wants a bio. So, in the interest of any of your curiosity and for a little more job security, here I go:
Hobbies: Radio. Although I am seeking another to supplement.
What I Do In My Free Time: WHAT?
Favorite Foods: Pretty much anything that doesn't make the kitchen stink after it's cooked.
Favorite Singers/Bands: Coldplay, Jars of Clay, Hillsong, Train, Colbie Caillat, Sting, Eagles, Chicago.
Favorite Women: My two girls.
Favorite Men: My two boys.
Favorite TV shows: American Idol, Fringe, Burn Notice, Swamp People, Fox News, The NEW Two and a Half Men.
Favorite Movies: Romance, Sci-fi and comedy. The trifecta. (Yep, I like CHICK FLICKS...don't judge me.) Favs include Star Trek, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Dumb and Dumber, Caddyshack, Rat Race, Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Airplane!
Political View: He said WHAT?
Religious View: If Jesus can save me, He can save anybody.
Favorite interview: It's a three way tie. Billy Preston, Kenny Loggins and James Taylor. Three of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The late Billy was the best in making me feel comfortable when I was a little nervous.
Favorite concerts: Billy Joel and Elton John. Maroon 5 and Train. Chicago's still got it, but I think the late Dan Fogelberg wins out in the "older school" category.
Favorite Quote: Phillipians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Favorite job: This one! Love playing your favorite songs.
Someone once told me that working out is FUN!
Here's elyptical candid photo from my 14-year-old daughter.
So, what's a sweaty DJ to do?? Go to Jared and ask him...He just told me "eat fresh." What a company guy.
Hey, shouldn't we be judging a gumbo cook off or something??
Hey, it's ok. This Top 10 list can actually apply to both parents...Just to relieve any potential anxiety, there are more of us out there! And the kids ARE really worth it!
1. My mental checklist when leaving the house actually has 'pants' on it. Pants? Check.
2. I didn't notice I had two different shoes on until the end of the day when one of my kids pointed it out to me.
3. I walk into the kitchen, open all the cabinets, and have no idea why I'm there.
4. I write myself a note so when I get to the car, I remember where I am heading.
5. Today, I was sitting at my desk and thought, oh, I need to take my medicine. Turned, opened the desk drawer, and went, "What did I open this for?"
6. After a long hard day and getting some me time finally, I sat down to watch TV ... tried to use my phone as the remote ... thought the battery was dead and kept hitting it.
7. Lately I'd send a TEXT MESSAGE and then hold the phone up to my ear to hear the response.
8. Spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why my Crock-Pot wouldn't turn on only to realize I never plugged it in.
9. I lose my car pretty regularly ... no, not the keys ... the actual whole big SUV. I can never remember where we parked because I was chasing a toddler or something. Once I spent close to an hour wandering the wrong parking garage.
10. Panicked in a parking lot as I stared at the empty back seat of my car. Somebody stole my son's carseat!! Who does that!??? Oh wait ... that wasn't my car. (TheStir.com)
OK, here's some "bonus footage" from your friendly neighborhood DJ. All of our employees have a key card to gain access to the radio station. All we do is swipe the card over the electonic pad next to the door, and we can go in. As I discovered last night, this DOES NOT work on the door at my HOUSE! Where's that vacation request form??