Thanks for reading my blog. Both of you. I hope you find some points of humor or entertainment in them, and if you don't, well...email me some! I am always looking for more. By the way, my boss just told me that I'm not sharing enough information about myself. He wants a bio. So, in the interest of any of your curiosity and for a little more job security, here I go:
Hobbies: Radio. Although I am seeking another to supplement.
What I Do In My Free Time: WHAT?
Favorite Foods: Pretty much anything that doesn't make the kitchen stink after it's cooked.
Favorite Singers/Bands: Coldplay, Jars of Clay, Hillsong, Train, Colbie Caillat, Sting, Eagles, Chicago.
Favorite Women: My two girls.
Favorite Men: My two boys.
Favorite TV shows: American Idol, Fringe, Burn Notice, Swamp People, Fox News, The NEW Two and a Half Men.
Favorite Movies: Romance, Sci-fi and comedy. The trifecta. (Yep, I like CHICK FLICKS...don't judge me.) Favs include Star Trek, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Dumb and Dumber, Caddyshack, Rat Race, Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Airplane!
Political View: He said WHAT?
Religious View: If Jesus can save me, He can save anybody.
Favorite interview: It's a three way tie. Billy Preston, Kenny Loggins and James Taylor. Three of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The late Billy was the best in making me feel comfortable when I was a little nervous.
Favorite concerts: Billy Joel and Elton John. Maroon 5 and Train. Chicago's still got it, but I think the late Dan Fogelberg wins out in the "older school" category.
Favorite Quote: Phillipians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Favorite job: This one! Love playing your favorite songs.
Someone once told me that working out is FUN!
Here's elyptical candid photo from my 14-year-old daughter.
So, what's a sweaty DJ to do?? Go to Jared and ask him...He just told me "eat fresh." What a company guy.
Hey, shouldn't we be judging a gumbo cook off or something??
You wore green. DANG!
1. Slow Down There, Champ: If you're consuming adult beverages, make sure to drink an amount that will leave you coherent and in full control of your speech, limbs and bodily functions. Indulge too much, and any decent potential mate will bolt at the sight (and sound) of you.
2. Travel In Packs: It's not just for women anymore. Guys you know this. There is nothing more awkward than having to encourage a lonely buddy while you're chatting up a potentialsoul mate. (You can't always count on the presence of a dutiful wingman/woman.) So go out in a group of more than two, to ensure that your best friend isn't in a corner doing shots alone.
3. Remember Details: We hate it when a guy asks us our name, where we're from, etc. and then Tommy Lee Jones from MIB erases his memory and he asks it all again. Not only is it frustrating, but it conveys that you're not really that interested. So even if you're feeling that last adult beverage, don't ask a question if you don't think you'll remember the answer.
4. Touch: In a totally non-creepy way, touch his arm while you're laughing, or put your hand on her back to guide her through a crowd. These small but meaningful gestures let the other person know that you're interested. Just don't overdo it.
5. Don't Complain: When you first meet someone try to be as positive as you can without sounding like a Care Bear. We know that a few drinks can work like a truth serum, but when your job comes up don't go on about how desperately you hate it, or that your roommate is a slob, or that your ex is a freak. Keep the first interaction light if you want there to be a second.
6. Make Eye Contact: Even if there is a leprechaun break-dancing on the bar, be sure to make a good amount of eye contact with your potential significant other. It doesn't always come naturally to some people, but it's a sure-shot way to pique interest and make an impression. There is nothing more confusing than trying to talk to someone who's looking at their drink, their friends, or the door; anywhere but at you.
7. Easy On The Saliva: If you're both feeling tipsy and you've got a good vibe going, remember that you're in public. Keep things at least PG rated at the party or chances are that one of you will be too embarrassed to see the other person again.