Thanks for reading my blog. Both of you. I hope you find some points of humor or entertainment in them, and if you don't, well...email me some! I am always looking for more. By the way, my boss just told me that I'm not sharing enough information about myself. He wants a bio. So, in the interest of any of your curiosity and for a little more job security, here I go:
Hobbies: Radio. Although I am seeking another to supplement.
What I Do In My Free Time: WHAT?
Favorite Foods: Pretty much anything that doesn't make the kitchen stink after it's cooked.
Favorite Singers/Bands: Coldplay, Jars of Clay, Hillsong, Train, Colbie Caillat, Sting, Eagles, Chicago.
Favorite Women: My two girls.
Favorite Men: My two boys.
Favorite TV shows: American Idol, Fringe, Burn Notice, Swamp People, Fox News, The NEW Two and a Half Men.
Favorite Movies: Romance, Sci-fi and comedy. The trifecta. (Yep, I like CHICK FLICKS...don't judge me.) Favs include Star Trek, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Dumb and Dumber, Caddyshack, Rat Race, Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Airplane!
Political View: He said WHAT?
Religious View: If Jesus can save me, He can save anybody.
Favorite interview: It's a three way tie. Billy Preston, Kenny Loggins and James Taylor. Three of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The late Billy was the best in making me feel comfortable when I was a little nervous.
Favorite concerts: Billy Joel and Elton John. Maroon 5 and Train. Chicago's still got it, but I think the late Dan Fogelberg wins out in the "older school" category.
Favorite Quote: Phillipians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Favorite job: This one! Love playing your favorite songs.
Someone once told me that working out is FUN!
Here's elyptical candid photo from my 14-year-old daughter.
So, what's a sweaty DJ to do?? Go to Jared and ask him...He just told me "eat fresh." What a company guy.
Hey, shouldn't we be judging a gumbo cook off or something??
Now, before you get too upset with me, this is the list found in the Twitterverse...(Courtesy of YourTango)
1) Delusions of grandeur."I'm single because the gods do not mix with mortals." Whoa.
2) Bad grammar. "im single cause im too much women for one man too handle." Grammar police!
3) Clueless. "I simply don't know." It's time to figure things out. Duh...
4) Game player. "I am single because I like to play hard to get." Got extra running shoes?
5) Low self esteem. "I am single because I'm not good enough for anyone." You are more than good enough.
6) Online too much. "I'm single because I have Wi-Fi." Get out in the real world a little.
7) Epic tweeting. According to OkCupid, people who use Twitter every day tend to have briefer relationships. Automate those tweets.
8) Putting your entire life online. "Yes back to single because he read my tweets." Some things are better left unsaid.
9) Not online enough. "My mom just asked me if I was single because my Facebook status says 'In a Relationship' still." Keep your status current.
10) You are a wounded puppy. "I'm single because I can't take being lied to, cheated on, or getting another broken heart." Take a bubble bath.
11) Poor hygiene. "I am single because I smell like asparagus." Now that is a frightening thought.
12). We're going to die alone. "I'm single because I was born that way." What about the in-between years?
13) Couch potato. "I'm too lazy to find a guy." Get out there girl!
14) You don't know how to love. "I'm single because I'm a failure in love." There are lots of books.
15) Superstitious. "I am single because I didn't forward those MySpace chain letters seven years ago!" Black cat alert!
Thankfully "being cheesy" didn't make the list, so I still have some HOPE!