Thanks for reading my blog. Both of you. I hope you find some points of humor or entertainment in them, and if you don't, well...email me some! I am always looking for more. By the way, my boss just told me that I'm not sharing enough information about myself. He wants a bio. So, in the interest of any of your curiosity and for a little more job security, here I go:
Hobbies: Radio. Although I am seeking another to supplement.
What I Do In My Free Time: WHAT?
Favorite Foods: Pretty much anything that doesn't make the kitchen stink after it's cooked.
Favorite Singers/Bands: Coldplay, Jars of Clay, Hillsong, Train, Colbie Caillat, Sting, Eagles, Chicago.
Favorite Women: My two girls.
Favorite Men: My two boys.
Favorite TV shows: American Idol, Fringe, Burn Notice, Swamp People, Fox News, The NEW Two and a Half Men.
Favorite Movies: Romance, Sci-fi and comedy. The trifecta. (Yep, I like CHICK FLICKS...don't judge me.) Favs include Star Trek, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Dumb and Dumber, Caddyshack, Rat Race, Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Airplane!
Political View: He said WHAT?
Religious View: If Jesus can save me, He can save anybody.
Favorite interview: It's a three way tie. Billy Preston, Kenny Loggins and James Taylor. Three of the nicest guys you could ever meet. The late Billy was the best in making me feel comfortable when I was a little nervous.
Favorite concerts: Billy Joel and Elton John. Maroon 5 and Train. Chicago's still got it, but I think the late Dan Fogelberg wins out in the "older school" category.
Favorite Quote: Phillipians 4:19: "But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Favorite job: This one! Love playing your favorite songs.
Someone once told me that working out is FUN!
Here's elyptical candid photo from my 14-year-old daughter.
So, what's a sweaty DJ to do?? Go to Jared and ask him...He just told me "eat fresh." What a company guy.
Hey, shouldn't we be judging a gumbo cook off or something??
Here they are! TEN PEOPLE YOU SHOULD NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH ON FACEBOOK (The Stir):
1) Your Babysitter/Nanny: I don't need to see her in a bikini and feel bad about myself. Also, it would only make me paranoid: Is she is Facebooking when with my kids? Also, if we were friends on Facebook, I wouldn't spew about her to my friends with privacy. What fun is that?
2) Personal Trainer: Nope. He doesn't need to know we ate that whole cheesecake and derailed his work. Better we just hang in the gym and sweat it off by ourselves, thankyouverymuch!
3) Your Preacher, Priest or Rabbi: They don't need to see our party scenes. Or photos of us in bathing suits. Or anything our friends tag us in. Just no.
4) Your Husband's Ex-Girlfriend: This should be obvious, but in case it's not, this is a big no. Why do you ever need to go down that comparison spiral? Is she cuter than me? Is she smarter? Is her new hubby hotter? Just stop!
5) Your Boss: It's just awkward. Talking about work on Facebook is generally a no-no anyway, but this is a bad idea.
6) Your Insane Ex: This may seem like closure and like a great plan that will make you guys be friends. But it won't. Trust me. He's crazy and he will STILL be crazy after he unfriends you a few weeks from now.
7) Your Baby Daddy/Mama: Too. Much. Drama. I have seen it a million times. Those thinly veiled, passive insults and barbs thrown back and forth in status updates.
8) Your High School Bully: Look, you didn't like him in high school when he was calling you names or pushing you in a locker. So you SURE as heck aren't going to like him now. Even if his life is a mess and it gives you a thrill to be able to watch and mock him, this is just bad news. Hit "ignore" on his request and put high school behind you.
9) Friends of Friends of Friends: Six degrees of separation works for Kevin Bacon...but not for you. Heads up. They may think you're cute, and/or stalkworthy. They might even have been hired by someone else to spy on you. Go into hiding.
10) Hard Working Networkers: Hey you may even like them as a person, but you're not so sure if you want to "like" their business. Or product. Or even their latest successes in home businesses, weight loss or dermatology products.